Written By Anjali Nair Updated on 18/02/22
Reviewed by ARUN
Fact checked by Gowtham Vivek
The need for geysers is no longer limited to the winter months. Even on days when it is not cold outside, we often feel the desire for a nice hot bath. We now have geysers that produce quick hot water, and some even have remote controls, thanks to technological advancements. For many people, taking a bath is the happiest part of their day. It truly sets the tone for the rest of the day. However, this is not always practicable, particularly during the winter. Water heaters or the best geyser in India brand is available for such occasions.
Water heaters, often known as geysers, have become an essential part of every home. When the weather is cold and you need to take a bath, a water heater comes in handy. When purchasing the best geyser, consider the power consumption, capacity, and time it takes to heat the water. We also provide reviews on the best geyser for hard water.
BASED ON HEATING :
- Electric geysers
- Gas geysers
- Solar geysers
BASED ON STORAGE UNIT :
- Tank or Storage geyser
- Instantaneous geyser
One of the most crucial pieces of electrical equipment in a home is the water heater/geyser. As a result, when it comes to purchasing them, the size makes a significant difference in people’s daily lives. People will waste electricity by heating more water than they require if they get a large quantity. People will frequently run out of hot water if a smaller size is purchased. As a result, when purchasing a geyser, it is critical to evaluate its size.
The geysers are equipped with insulated storage tanks that can hold hot water. The water in the tank is kept at a specific temperature when the heater is turned on. As a result, a steady flow of hot water can be obtained until the tank’s water level is nearly depleted.
PRICE RANGE :
The cost varies depending on the provider and the service you require.
A budget of 6,000 to 9,000 rupees, on the other hand, should get you an excellent and decent one.
Water geysers can stay longer and provide more consistent heat. A 24-month warranty is included with a regular water geyser.
Reviews of the best geysers in India
2. Crompton Amica 15-L 5 Star Rated Storage Water Heater Customers favourite
7. Usha Misty 15 LTR 2000-Watt 5 Star Storage Water Heater | Best Budget Buy
Bajaj New Shakti
- Retains heat
- Looks good
- Budget friendly
- Service availability
- Sufficient for a family of 3-4 people
- Pipes are not included
- 3 pin plug not included
- Titanium Armour Technology
- Inner tank coating: preventing corrosion & rusting
- Swirl Flow Technology
- Multiple safety systems
- Waterproof technology: longer product life
- Colour: White
- Wattage: 2000 watts
- Product Dimensions : 37.8 x 38.6 x 40.5 cm;
- ASIN : B00UD34T0Q
- Item model number : New Shakti GL
- Item Weight : 8 kg 760 g
- Warranty: 2 years
- Included Components : Water heater and Warranty card
- Price: 6,149/-
The product is good and easy to use. Quality is good. Installation is free from Bajaj service but The package doesn’t contain any installation accessories kit. You have to buy the spare parts separately.
Suitable for a small family, it takes water 10 to 15 minutes to heat. It provides a half bucket of hot water capacity sufficient for a single person to bathe at a time.
It has a feature that lets you set the temperature to the season or your choice. It requires a few minutes to heat the water and is important for a given household.
Crompton Amica 15-L 5 Star Rated Storage Water Heater
- Customers’ favourite
- Provides two connecting flexible pipes
- The water heats up quite fast
- The water heats up quite fast
- Perfect white for the bathroom
- The temperature controller is knob
- Takes a few trial and error.
- Competitiveness with robust copper heating
- Container with enhanced polymer coating
- Techniques depend on nanostructures’ high tensile strength
- susceptibility to corrosion at high temperatures and pressures
- Protection against low humidity.
- Thermal cutoff that has been pre-programmed.
- A powerful hot component is used
- Color: Black and white
- Capacity: 15 litres
- Wattage: 2000 watts
- Product Dimensions : 46 x 51 x 70 cm; 11.34 Kilograms
- ASIN : B07JGCGNDG
- Item model number : SWH 15LTR (2015)
- Item Weight : 11 kg 300 g
- Price: 6390/-
When it comes to the equipment, it is composed of strong materials, and the geyser’s strong copper thermostat allows it to heat water quite quickly. It features secondary safety with an elevated regulator, reboot knob, and pre-set reduction. It is designed to withstand power outages and voltage fluctuations.
The geyser’s iron body is completely waterproof to provide a skin that keeps it rust-free. It is quite beneficial in ensuring that the heating system remains robust and functional even after many years of use. Increased PUF foam helps you save money by retaining heat for extended periods of time and lowering your power costs.
Havells Monza DX 10 Litre Storage Water Heater
- Shock-resistant electrical units
- Prevention of Geyser corrosion & rusting
- Enhances the lifespan of the geyser.
- Whirl flow technology: uninterrupted water supply
- Not budget friendly.
- Unsatisfactory low level temperature gester.
- Vertical Mounting.
- India’s first integrated shock-safe
- designed to prevents electric shocks
- Adjustment knob: setting the temperature conveniently
- Ultra thick super cold rolled steel plates
- corrosion resistance & anti-rust properly
- tough withstand high pressure
- The multi-function valve prevents pressure
- Colour: White
- ASIN : B07NDDDQY9
- Item Weight : 11 kg
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 33.4 x 31 x 42.8 Centimeters
- Included Components : Water Heater
- CFC free
- Thicker PUF insulation.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: 6960/-
It is constructed from ultra-thick super-cold pressed metal sheets. It has better durability and anti-rust properties than typical inner tank constructions, associated with a longer service life.
At high temperatures, the Monetary variables glass-coated heat source provides outstanding higher and tertiary as well as good resistance to corrosion and condensation. It also removes impurities and increases the life of electric heating while consuming the least amount of energy.
Thermostat control knob for easy temperature regulation. High-rise structures and pressure pump installations are ideal. Pressure cannot rise over a number of bars because of the multi-function valve. India’s first incorporated shock-safe plug, which protects against electrical stimulation and power outages in the event of excessive current.
Usha Misty 25 Litre Water Geyser
- The multi safety feature
- No leakage
- Withstanding the voltage fluctuations
- Geyser quickly heats water
- retains that power for long period
- Company should provide better servicing.
- Low-temperature mode is not effective
- Free, Safe and Convenient Installation.
- Provides inlet and outlet pipe.
- Faster heating and maximum energy saving.
- Silent Heating.
- 5 Safety features to protect high temperature
- Heavy Duty Magnesium anode
- Superior PUF insulation reduce heat loss
- Improves energy efficiency
- Enables faster heating
- Single weld line on inner tank
- Water leakage risk.
- Colour: Ivory cherry Blossom
- Product Dimensions : 56.5 x 37 x 37 cm;
- Manufacturer : USHA International
- ASIN : B07YLZX91D
- Item Weight : 12 kg 800 g
- Warranty: 1 year
- Customer rating: 4 stars
- Price: Rs.7000/-
This Usha type is well-known for its superb usability and safety features. You’ll find a lovely collection of geysers here, with practically all of the features found in other geysers.
It is a wonderful choice for your home since it has excellent characteristics such as pressure control, electrical leakage prevention, and fry heating and overheating prevention. As a result, it is a complete ultimate geyser for your home.
These have a Specific date in the future 800 heat source, a configurable regulator, a better monitoring system, aluminium coated rods, and a Gemstone powder covered tank in terms of characteristics.
V-Guard Victo Plus 15 Litre Water Geyser
- Geyser with a digital display
- Shows water level & temperature level
- Water heats up quickly
- Water remains hot long time
- Ergonomic design and exceptional safety
- The heat indicator isn’t as expected
- Storage Water Heater.
- Withstands up to 8 bar pressure.
- Bashing and appropriate for hard water use
- Extra Thick Magnesium Anode provides Added Protection
- Proof of leakage.
- Security Guaranteed.
- Advanced Thermostat & Thermal Cut-out Mechanism.
- Water is Clean and Original version.
- Multi-layer protection against Corrosion & Scaling.
- Style for comfort.
- Product Dimensions : 30 x 30 x 50.5 cm; 10.7 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 10 September 2018
- Manufacturer : V-Guard Industries Ltd
- ASIN : B07H899RYP
- Item model number : V-Guard Water Heater Victo Plus 15 L
- Item Weight : 10 kg 700 g
- Country of Origin : China
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 30 x 30 x 50.5 Centimeter
- Included Components : Water Heater
The features of this geyser we can see that it has an inner tank. This is constructed of high-quality steel that resists corrosion and rusting. As a result, the geyser’s lifespan is extended.
In addition, the PUF insulation is in charge of maintaining a constant supply of hot water even when the electricity is turned off. The magnesium-coated rod aids in the prevention of any electrochemical reactions.
The cost of maintenance is indeed not insignificant. It is more expensive to use a plumber sent by a company than to use a regular plumber. It charges a few thousands, yet the plumber could have done it for a few hundreds.
AO Smith SGS-PLUS-006 Storage 6 Litre Vertical Water Heater
- It’s simple to use.
- Water heats very quickly.
- Assurance of safety.
- Despite its tiny size
- It is costly.
- Appropriate for a single individual
- Storage capacity of 6 litres.
- Appropriate for high-rise structures
- Strength rating of 8 bars.
- With a five-start proportion.
- It’s a resource
- Maintenance is complimentary
- For long-lasting efficiency
- the inside tank is coated with blue diamond crystal
- For longevity: outside body is ABS plastic.
- It comes with an electrolytic rod.
- Colour: White
- Dimensions of the product: 31.7 x 31.7 x 25.8 cm
- Weight of the item is 6.3 kg.
- 6 litres of storage capacity
- Blue Diamond is the inside substance.
- ABS is the material used on the outside.
- Tank with a glass lining
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: 7,799/-
The whole tank is heated in less than 5 minutes. It’s plenty for one person. It is recommended that the switch be left on. When it heats the water, it makes a noise which can be irritating.
When people contacted customer service, they said that this sound occurs when there is iron in the water, and that this geyser has a blue diamond coating in the tank.
Many are not completely satisfied with this response because people have a whole other geyser from another organisation that does not make such noises and has been working seamlessly for more than three years.
Usha Misty 15 LTR 2000-Watt 5 Star Storage Water Heater
- Heating time is short.
- Assurance of safety
- It has a small footprint.
- It saves a lot of electricity.
- Made of a long-lasting substance.
- Deployment services are subpar.
- For efficiency and longevity, contemporary technology is used.
- The improved intake pipe is part of the swirl flow technology
- Anti-scaling characteristics are good.
- It is corrosion-free and provides affordable prices.
- Dry heating prevention, digital temperature
- Weatherproofing and load optimised capacity
- The body is made of ABS plastic and has an attractive design.
- provides a great influence
- The amount of energy used is little.
- PUF shielding of exceptional quality.
- Thermal loss is reduced and power is conserved.
- Colour: Ivory cherry Blossom
- Product Dimensions: 46 x 32.5 x 32.5 cm
- Item Weight: 12.1 Kilograms
- Storage capacity: 10 Litres
- External material: ABS
- Warranty: Heater (2 years), Inner tank (5 years)
- Additional protection: Earth leakage circuit breaker (ELCB)
- Heating element: Copper
- Price: 6,440/-
The installation worker arrived, hung the geyser on the wall, and then departed without bothering to connect the input and exit pipes to the source of drinking water in the wall underneath the geyser.
He suggests contacting a plumber about it. When People asked the Usha representative for comment if the configuration simply only hangs the geyser on the wall. So, unless one is a plumber or wants the plumber fix it.
People got a free installation that included the water correlation as well as a warm water demonstration, and the technician only departed after he showed me the hot water flow.
HOW HAVE I RANKED THE PRODUCTS?
The ideal heating system size is similar to the amount of hot water required all at once. If individuals take baths one at a time and consume 25 litres of water, a 25 litre or 15 litre water heater will ensure that the water is at its optimal temperature when they want to take a shower (at places where tap water temperature is not too low).
However, when buying an electric geyser, you should choose one with a 5-star rating because it uses less power which has less temperature difference. Whereas a geyser with a greater star rating may appear to be more expensive at first, it will ultimately save you a huge amount of money throughout the years. Tankless water heaters, often known as instant heating systems, have been among the most sophisticated water heaters available. These heaters, in comparison to other types of heaters, can provide you with hot water very quickly and have a decent flow rate that is sufficient for the family needs.
The information from BEE is used to compile this rating (Bureau of Energy Efficiency). Stepping loss of a water heater is included in BEE statistics, and this quantity is self-reported by the makers. In calculating the statistics, it must be done in a controlled environment.
We divided the standing loss data into categories based on the water heater’s capacity or volume. The heating system with the lowest operating loss bases receives the highest score. The same rank is assigned to several models with the same value.
Only the top 10 ranked water heaters are included in the list earlier in this thread. As different innovations are added to the BEE list of water heaters, we will maintain this list on a regular basis.
Care And Maintenance
- Remember to provide enough space between the water heater and the walls when installing it.
- The geyser should be situated at least 1.8 metres (6 feet) above ground level. This ensures that the water pressure is enough and that you get a robust hot water flow rather than a trickle from your tap.
- Make sure that the geyser is linked to a Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB), which shuts off the power in the event of a power outage. This will reduce the likelihood of a water heater short circuit.
- Also, keep the switch at a height that is far enough away from little children but not so high that you or any adult will have difficulty reaching it.
- People frequently prefer to leave the geyser on for long lengths of time, especially in the morning. The prevailing consensus is that keeping the geyser on will save time because everyone needs warm water before heading to work or school.
- That may have been true in the past, but modern geysers heat water in less than 5 minutes. Because leaving the geyser on for long periods will shorten its life, it’s preferable to turn it on 5 minutes before you need it rather than half an hour before. Maintaining your water heater regularly might help it last longer.
- Water heater maintenance is vital since it saves you money on power! The water will reach the desired temperature faster if you use a lower temperature setting. Because the temperature is lower, the geyser will have to operate less, extending its life.
- Furthermore, having warm water in the faucet rather than really hot water reduces the risk of unintentional burns. For households with small children, lowering the thermostat is especially vital. Maintenance of your water heater is therefore essential to ensure that you never run out of hot water throughout the winter.
- Every three years, inspect the anode rod to see if the outer coating of magnesium has corroded away, revealing 6 inches or more of the inner steel core. If that’s the case, you’ll need to get a new rod. If the rod is coated with whitish calcium deposits (which occurs when the water is hard) or if its thickness has decreased to less than half an inch, it must be replaced.
- Ensure that the temperature and pressure release valves are working at least once a year. Release the pressure a few times to see if this is the case. If the water heater’s relief valve leaks, it’s a significant problem. Simply drain some water from your water geyser and disconnect the output tube. After that, simply replace the valve and you’re done!
- Metal inlet and outlet pipes are always preferable to the ordinary plastic ones that come with a geyser since they are more heat resistant.
- Also, keep an eye on the joints frequently. It’s time to replace the inlet or exit pipe if you notice white deposits from hard water or rust around the joints.
1. What is the best way to switch off a dripping water heater?
There are several options for stopping a heating system from leaking. To begin, switch off the full water source; there will be no leaking unless there is no water. Second, users may empty the water heater by connecting a sprinkler to the geyser’s drain valve. Third, release the relief valve, but be careful not to splash yourself with hot water. Finally, consult a professional or an experienced plumber if things get messy even before damage is caused.
2. What’s the distinction here between a rainwater storage geyser and an immediate water geyser?
Immediate geysers, as the title indicates, create heated air in a fraction of the time that storage geysers do. Immediate geysers have a smaller processing power of 3 L or no tank at all, but a greater geyser wattage, whereas storage geysers have a bigger storage capacity and better battery life, and take longer to boil water. Aside from that, tank geysers include thermostat-controlled heating components that increase the temperature in the storage tank. When water travels through Instant geysers, the iron wires within them overheat, similar to an absorption wire.
3. Could it be usual for an air conditioning unit to generate a lot of noise?
If a geyser produces a noise, it’s generally due to a problem with one of its insulators. In the case of bone formation in the water tank, the water heater might also produce a noise if people live in a housing neighbourhood. However, anyone may always seek advice from a professional to have a better understanding of the situation.
4.What’s the warranty of the Geyser?
Heating systems or geysers are often expensive, and we all realize that technological equipment may go berserk and demand support when necessary. But people wouldn’t want it to happen after you’ve spent a lot of money on a geyser. Making a purchase decision, customers should check the insurance duration. The further they have, the better.
5.What is the Usage of energy?
A water heater’s geyser voltage, or power efficiency, determines how quickly the water would be heated. Water heats up quicker when the wattage is greater, and the opposite is true when the power is less. Rapid geysers have a greater wattage, which allows them to heat the water nearly quickly, reducing you a lot of time.